Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"This can be your best year ever!"

by David Speer

"This can be your best year ever.   Really.   It can be,"  the email teaser read.   Because it was from a pastor friend that I respect and trust, I clicked on the link in the email to open his blog and began to read.   It was focused around a verse that I grew up singing about (over and over and over again) but rarely focused on like I do now.

Psalms 118:24 NLT This is the day the Lord made made.   We will rejoice and be glad in it.

I find that when I personalize verses like this, it really drives home the depth of wisdom they contain. The idea that God made this day for me isn't that far fetched.    Think about it.   If He saw me before I was born and every moment was laid out before a single day had passed (Ps. 139:16) and if He had planned good things for me to do long ago (Eph. 2:10), then surely today is a day for rejoicing and resting in His Sovereign plan for my life, no matter what situation I find myself in.

Rejoicing and being glad in the day that the Lord has created for us in one of those small things that we can do every day that will fuel the hope we hold in our heart for the best year we've ever had.   It doesn't cost much to do; it's really more of a decision to have an outlook of confident expectation of seeing the goodness of the Lord in day-to-day life.   So how do you have the best year ever?   By having 365 great days in a row!
David and Kristen Speer
Kristen and I hope this is your best year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment